This is a collection of books and web resources that I have found particularly valuable to my pelvic rehab patients. Each of the following books are written by other physical therapists and health professionals. If you have further questions, or want additional physical therapy resources, please contact me.
Physical Therapy Literature
- David Wise, Ph.D., Rodney Anderson, Ph.D. A headache in the pelvis: a new understanding and treatment for chronic pelvic pain syndromes. Occidental, CA: National Center for Pelvic Pain Research; 2014. Buy it on Amazon.
- Emily Nagoski, Ph.D. Come as you are: the surprising new science that will transform your sex life. New York: Simon & Schuster Paperbacks; 2015. Buy it on Amazon.
- Isa Herrera, MSPT, CSCS. Ending male pelvic pain: a man’s manual. New York: Duplexing Pub.; 2013. Buy it on Amazon.
- Joanna Bilancieri, DPT. Get the Pelvic Floor Back in Action: A Physical Therapist’s Insight into Rehabilitating Pelvic Dysfunction. Back in Action, INC.; 2016. Buy it on Amazon.
- Wendy L. Cohan, RN. The Better Bladder Book: A Holistic Approach to Healing Interstitial Cystitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain. California: Hunter House Publishers; 2010. Buy it on Amazon.
Physical Therapy Web Resources
- Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute:
- Pelvic Pain Solutions store:
- Male Pelvic Floor Advanced Massage and Bodywork:
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment:
- Incontinence Issues – Parentgiving Elder Care Resource Center:
Learn about the causes of incontinence and the wide range of products available that offer incontinence protection from the Parentgiving resource center.
- Pelvic Rehab Practitioners Directory:
Do you have a web or print resource that belongs on this list? If so, please let me know by contacting me.